• Radiant Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Emitted or transmitted by radiation; as, a radiant energy; radiant heat.
- (n.) A straight line proceeding from a given point, or fixed pole, about which it is conceived to revolve.
- (n.) The point in the heavens at which the apparent paths of shooting stars meet, when traced backward, or whence they appear to radiate.
- (n.) The luminous point or object from which light emanates; also, a body radiating light brightly.
- (a.) Giving off rays; -- said of a bearing; as, the sun radiant; a crown radiant.
- (a.) Emitting or proceeding as from a center; resembling rays; radiating; radiate.
- (a.) Having a raylike appearance, as the large marginal flowers of certain umbelliferous plants; -- said also of the cluster which has such marginal flowers.
- (a.) Beaming with vivacity and happiness; as, a radiant face.
- (a.) Especially, emitting or darting rays of light or heat; issuing in beams or rays; beaming with brightness; emitting a vivid light or splendor; as, the radiant sun.
• Radiant engine Definition & Synonyms
- () A semiradial engine. See Radial engine, above.