• Radius Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The preaxial bone of the forearm, or brachium, corresponding to the tibia of the hind limb. See Illust. of Artiodactyla.
- (n.) The barbs of a perfect feather.
- (n.) A right line drawn or extending from the center of a circle to the periphery; the semidiameter of a circle or sphere.
- (n.) The movable limb of a sextant or other angular instrument.
- (n.) A ray, or outer floret, of the capitulum of such plants as the sunflower and the daisy. See Ray, 2.
- (n.) Radiating organs, or color-markings, of the radiates.
• Radiuses Definition & Synonyms
- (pl. ) of Radius
• Radius vector Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An ideal straight line joining the center of an attracting body with that of a body describing an orbit around it, as a line joining the sun and a planet or comet, or a planet and its satellite.
- () A straight line (or the length of such line) connecting any point, as of a curve, with a fixed point, or pole, round which the straight line turns, and to which it serves to refer the successive points of a curve, in a system of polar coordinates. See Coordinate, n.