• Rag Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To dance to ragtime music, esp. in some manner considered indecorous.
- (v. t.) To play or compose (a piece, melody, etc.) in syncopated time.
- (n.) A coarse kind of rock, somewhat cellular in texture.
- (n.) A ragged edge.
- (n.) A shabby, beggarly fellow; a ragamuffin.
- (n.) A sail, or any piece of canvas.
- (n.) A piece of cloth torn off; a tattered piece of cloth; a shred; a tatter; a fragment.
- (v. t.) To cut or dress roughly, as a grindstone.
- (v. i.) To become tattered.
- (v. t.) To scold or rail at; to rate; to tease; to torment; to banter.
- (n.) Hence, mean or tattered attire; worn-out dress.
- (v. t.) To break (ore) into lumps for sorting.
• Raged Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Rage
• Ragguled Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Notched in regular diagonal breaks; -- said of a line, or a bearing having such an edge.