• Ram Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Aries, the sign of the zodiac which the sun enters about the 21st of March.
- (n.) A heavy steel or iron beak attached to the prow of a steam war vessel for piercing or cutting down the vessel of an enemy; also, a vessel carrying such a beak.
- (n.) The plunger of a hydraulic press.
- (v. t.) To fill or compact by pounding or driving.
- (n.) In ancient warfare, a long beam suspended by slings in a framework, and used for battering the walls of cities; a battering-ram.
- (n.) The constellation Aries, which does not now, as formerly, occupy the sign of the same name.
- (n.) A hydraulic ram. See under Hydraulic.
- (n.) The male of the sheep and allied animals. In some parts of England a ram is called a tup.
- (v. t.) To butt or strike against; to drive a ram against or through; to thrust or drive with violence; to force in; to drive together; to cram; as, to ram an enemys vessel; to ram piles, cartridges, etc.
- (n.) An engine of war used for butting or battering.
- (n.) The weight which strikes the blow, in a pile driver, steam hammer, stamp mill, or the like.
• Ramagious Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Wild; not tame.
• Ramayana Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The more ancient of the two great epic poems in Sanskrit. The hero and heroine are Rama and his wife Sita.