• Rapid Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Quick in execution; as, a rapid penman.
- (a.) Very swift or quick; moving with celerity; fast; as, a rapid stream; a rapid flight; a rapid motion.
- (a.) The part of a river where the current moves with great swiftness, but without actual waterfall or cascade; -- usually in the plural; as, the Lachine rapids in the St. Lawrence.
- (a.) Advancing with haste or speed; speedy in progression; in quick sequence; as, rapid growth; rapid improvement; rapid recurrence; rapid succession.
• Rapidly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In a rapid manner.
• Rapid-fire mount Definition & Synonyms
- () A mount permitting easy and quick elevation or depression and training of the gun, and fitting with a device for taking up the recoil.