• Rat Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To catch or kill rats.
- (n.) A round and tapering mass of hair, or similar material, used by women to support the puffs and rolls of their natural hair.
- (n.) One who deserts his party or associates; hence, in the trades, one who works for lower wages than those prescribed by a trades union.
- (n.) One of several species of small rodents of the genus Mus and allied genera, larger than mice, that infest houses, stores, and ships, especially the Norway, or brown, rat (M. decumanus), the black rat (M. rattus), and the roof rat (M. Alexandrinus). These were introduced into America from the Old World.
- (v. i.) In English politics, to desert ones party from interested motives; to forsake ones associates for ones own advantage; in the trades, to work for less wages, or on other conditions, than those established by a trades union.
• Rating Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Rate
• Ratiocination Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The process of reasoning, or deducing conclusions from premises; deductive reasoning.