• Rathe Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) Early; soon; betimes.
- (a.) Coming before others, or before the usual time; early.
• Rather Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) More properly; more correctly speaking.
- (a.) Of two alternatives conceived of, this by preference to, or as more likely than, the other; somewhat.
- (a.) Earlier; sooner; before.
- (a.) More readily or willingly; preferably.
- (a.) Prior; earlier; former.
- (a.) In some degree; somewhat; as, the day is rather warm; the house is rather damp.
- (a.) On the other hand; to the contrary of what was said or suggested; instead.