• Ratio Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The relation which one quantity or magnitude has to another of the same kind. It is expressed by the quotient of the division of the first by the second; thus, the ratio of 3 to 6 is expressed by / or /; of a to b by a/b; or (less commonly) the second term is made the dividend; as, a:b = b/a.
- (n.) Hence, fixed relation of number, quantity, or degree; rate; proportion; as, the ratio of representation in Congress.
• Ratiocination Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The process of reasoning, or deducing conclusions from premises; deductive reasoning.
• Ratiocinative Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Characterized by, or addicted to, ratiocination; consisting in the comparison of propositions or facts, and the deduction of inferences from the comparison; argumentative; as, a ratiocinative process.