• Ravel Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To fall into perplexity and confusion.
- (v. t.) To pull apart, as the threads of a texture, and let them fall into a tangled mass; hence, to entangle; to make intricate; to involve.
- (v. i.) To make investigation or search, as by picking out the threads of a woven pattern.
- (v. t.) To undo the intricacies of; to disentangle.
- (v. i.) To become untwisted or unwoven; to be disentangled; to be relieved of intricacy.
- (v. t.) To separate or undo the texture of; to take apart; to untwist; to unweave or unknit; -- often followed by out; as, to ravel a twist; to ravel out a stocking.
• Ravelling Definition & Synonyms
- () of Ravel
• Raveling Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) That which is raveled out; esp., a thread detached from a texture.
- (n.) The act of untwisting or of disentangling.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Ravel