• Razeed Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Razee
• Raze Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A Shakespearean word (used once) supposed to mean the same as race, a root.
- (v. t.) To erase; to efface; to obliterate.
- (v. t.) To subvert from the foundation; to lay level with the ground; to overthrow; to destroy; to demolish.
• Razee Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) An armed ship having her upper deck cut away, and thus reduced to the next inferior rate, as a seventy-four cut down to a frigate.
- (v. t.) To cut down to a less number of decks, and thus to an inferior rate or class, as a ship; hence, to prune or abridge by cutting off or retrenching parts; as, to razee a book, or an article.