• Ready Definition & Synonyms
- (superl.) Not slow or hesitating; quick in action or perception of any kind; dexterous; prompt; easy; expert; as, a ready apprehension; ready wit; a ready writer or workman.
- (n.) Ready money; cash; -- commonly with the; as, he was well supplied with the ready.
- (v. t.) To dispose in order.
- (superl.) Offering itself at once; at hand; opportune; convenient; near; easy.
- (superl.) Fitted or arranged for immediate use; causing no delay for lack of being prepared or furnished.
- (superl.) A word of command, or a position, in the manual of arms, at which the piece is cocked and held in position to execute promptly the next command, which is, aim.
- (superl.) Prepared in mind or disposition; not reluctant; willing; free; inclined; disposed.
- (superl.) On the point; about; on the brink; near; -- with a following infinitive.
- (adv.) In a state of preparation for immediate action; so as to need no delay.
- (superl.) Prepared for what one is about to do or experience; equipped or supplied with what is needed for some act or event; prepared for immediate movement or action; as, the troops are ready to march; ready for the journey.
• Ready-made Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Made already, or beforehand, in anticipation of need; not made to order; as, ready-made clothing; ready-made jokes.
• Ready-witted Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Having ready wit.