• Reaping Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Reap
• Reap Definition & Synonyms
- (v.) A bundle of grain; a handful of grain laid down by the reaper as it is cut.
- (v. t.) To cut with a sickle, scythe, or reaping machine, as grain; to gather, as a harvest, by cutting.
- (v. t.) To gather; to obtain; to receive as a reward or harvest, or as the fruit of labor or of works; -- in a good or a bad sense; as, to reap a benefit from exertions.
- (v. t.) To deprive of the beard; to shave.
- (v. t.) To clear of a crop by reaping; as, to reap a field.
- (v. i.) To perform the act or operation of reaping; to gather a harvest.