• Rebel Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To be disobedient to authority; to assume a hostile or insubordinate attitude; to revolt.
- (n.) One who rebels.
- (v. i.) Pertaining to rebels or rebellion; acting in revolt; rebellious; as, rebel troops.
- (v. i.) To renounce, and resist by force, the authority of the ruler or government to which one owes obedience. See Rebellion.
• Rebeldom Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A region infested by rebels; rebels, considered collectively; also, conduct or quality characteristic of rebels.