• Receipt Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Hence, a recess; a retired place.
- (n.) A writing acknowledging the taking or receiving of goods delivered; an acknowledgment of money paid.
- (v. t.) To give a receipt for; as, to receipt goods delivered by a sheriff.
- (n.) That which is received; that which comes in, in distinction from what is expended, paid out, sent away, and the like; -- usually in the plural; as, the receipts amounted to a thousand dollars.
- (n.) Reception, as an act of hospitality.
- (v. i.) To give a receipt, as for money paid.
- (v. t.) To put a receipt on, as by writing or stamping; as, to receipt a bill.
- (n.) Capability of receiving; capacity.
- (n.) The act of receiving; reception.
- (n.) Place of receiving.
- (n.) A formulary according to the directions of which things are to be taken or combined; a recipe; as, a receipt for making sponge cake.
• Receipting Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Receipt