• Recessed Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Having a recess or recesses; as, a recessed arch or wall.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Recess
- (a.) Withdrawn; secluded.
• Recess Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A withdrawing or retiring; a moving back; retreat; as, the recess of the tides.
- (n.) A place of retirement, retreat, secrecy, or seclusion.
- (n.) Remission or suspension of business or procedure; intermission, as of a legislative body, court, or school.
- (n.) Secret or abstruse part; as, the difficulties and recesses of science.
- (n.) A decree of the imperial diet of the old German empire.
- (n.) The state of being withdrawn; seclusion; privacy.
- (n.) Part of a room formed by the receding of the wall, as an alcove, niche, etc.
- (v. t.) To make a recess in; as, to recess a wall.
- (n.) A sinus.