• Recluse Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) A person who lives in seclusion from intercourse with the world, as a hermit or monk; specifically, one of a class of secluded devotees who live in single cells, usually attached to monasteries.
- (v. t.) To shut up; to seclude.
- (a.) The place where a recluse dwells.
- (a.) Shut up; sequestered; retired from the world or from public notice; solitary; living apart; as, a recluse monk or hermit; a recluse life.
• Recluseness Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Quality or state of being recluse.