• Recognize Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To reconnoiter.
- (v. i.) To enter an obligation of record before a proper tribunal; as, A B recognized in the sum of twenty dollars.
- (v. t.) To review; to reexamine.
- (v. t.) To avow knowledge of; to allow that one knows; to consent to admit, hold, or the like; to admit with a formal acknowledgment; as, to recognize an obligation; to recognize a consul.
- (v. t.) To know again; to perceive the identity of, with a person or thing previously known; to recover or recall knowledge of.
- (v. t.) To acknowledge acquaintance with, as by salutation, bowing, or the like.
- (v. t.) To show appreciation of; as, to recognize services by a testimonial.
• Recognizer Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who recognizes; a recognizor.
• Recognizee Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The person in whose favor a recognizance is made.