• Recoup Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) Alt. of Recoupe
• Recoupe Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To get an equivalent or compensation for; as, to recoup money lost at the gaming table; to recoup ones losses in the share market.
- (v. t.) To keep back rightfully (a part), as if by cutting off, so as to diminish a sum due; to take off (a part) from damages; to deduct; as, where a landlord recouped the rent of premises from damages awarded to the plaintiff for eviction.
- (v. t.) To reimburse; to indemnify; -- often used reflexively and in the passive.
• Recouper Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who recoups.