• Red Definition & Synonyms
- () . imp. & p. p. of Read.
- (v. t.) To put on order; to make tidy; also, to free from entanglement or embarrassement; -- generally with up; as, to red up a house.
- (n.) The color of blood, or of that part of the spectrum farthest from violet, or a tint resembling these.
- (n.) An abbreviation for Red Republican. See under Red, a.
- (superl.) Of the color of blood, or of a tint resembling that color; of the hue of that part of the rainbow, or of the solar spectrum, which is furthest from the violet part.
- (a.) The menses.
- (n.) A red pigment.
• R Definition & Synonyms
- () R, the eighteenth letter of the English alphabet, is a vocal consonant. It is sometimes called a semivowel, and a liquid. See Guide to Pronunciation, // 178, 179, and 250-254.
• Re Definition & Synonyms
- () A syllable applied in solmization to the second tone of the diatonic scale of C; in the American system, to the second tone of any diatonic scale.
• Redden Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To grow or become red; to blush.
- (a.) To make red or somewhat red; to give a red color to.
• Redeliverance Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A second deliverance.