• Redoubted Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Formidable; dread.
• Redoubt Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) In permanent works, an outwork placed within another outwork. See F and i in Illust. of Ravelin.
- (v. t.) To stand in dread of; to regard with fear; to dread.
- (n.) A small, and usually a roughly constructed, fort or outwork of varying shape, commonly erected for a temporary purpose, and without flanking defenses, -- used esp. in fortifying tops of hills and passes, and positions in hostile territory.