• Reenforce Definition & Synonyms
- (v.) Something which reenforces or strengthens.
- (v.) An additional thickness of canvas, cloth, or the like, around an eyelet, buttonhole, etc.
- (v.) That part of a cannon near the breech which is thicker than the rest of the piece, so as better to resist the force of the exploding powder. See Illust. of Cannon.
- () (b)
- (v. t.) To strengthen with new force, assistance, material, or support; as, to reenforce an argument; to reenforce a garment; especially, to strengthen with additional troops, as an army or a fort, or with additional ships, as a fleet.
• Reenforced concrete Definition & Synonyms
- () Concrete having within its mass a system of strengthening iron or steel supports. = Ferro-concrete.
• Reenforcement Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) That which reenforces; additional force; especially, additional troops or force to augment the strength of any army, or ships to strengthen a navy or fleet.
- (n.) The act of reenforcing, or the state of being reenforced.