• Refuge Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) That which shelters or protects from danger, or from distress or calamity; a stronghold which protects by its strength, or a sanctuary which secures safety by its sacredness; a place inaccessible to an enemy.
- (n.) An expedient to secure protection or defense; a device or contrivance.
- (v. t.) To shelter; to protect.
- (n.) Shelter or protection from danger or distress.
• Refugee Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who flees to a shelter, or place of safety.
- (n.) Especially, one who, in times of persecution or political commotion, flees to a foreign power or country for safety; as, the French refugees who left France after the revocation of the edict of Nantes.