• Regarding Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Regard
- (prep.) Concerning; respecting.
• Regard Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To look upon, as in a certain relation; to hold as an popinion; to consider; as, to regard abstinence from wine as a duty; to regard another as a friend or enemy.
- (v. t.) Matter for consideration; account; condition.
- (v. t.) Respect; relation; reference.
- (v. t.) Attention of the mind with a feeling of interest; observation; heed; notice.
- (v. t.) To consider and treat; to have a certain feeling toward; as, to regard one with favor or dislike.
- (v. t.) Hence, to look or front toward; to face.
- (v. t.) To keep in view; to behold; to look at; to view; to gaze upon.
- (v. i.) To look attentively; to consider; to notice.
- (v. t.) State of being regarded, whether favorably or otherwise; estimation; repute; note; account.
- (v. t.) Object of sight; scene; view; aspect.
- (v. t.) To look closely at; to observe attentively; to pay attention to; to notice or remark particularly.
- (v. t.) To have relation to, as bearing upon; to respect; to relate to; to touch; as, an argument does not regard the question; -- often used impersonally; as, I agree with you as regards this or that.
- (v. t.) That view of the mind which springs from perception of value, estimable qualities, or anything that excites admiration; respect; esteem; reverence; affection; as, to have a high regard for a person; -- often in the plural.
- (v. t.) Supervision; inspection.
- (v. t.) To pay respect to; to treat as something of peculiar value, sanctity, or the like; to care for; to esteem.
- (v. t.) To take into consideration; to take account of, as a fact or condition.
- (v. t.) A look; aspect directed to another; view; gaze.
- (v. t.) Consideration; thought; reflection; heed.