• Regular Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) A member of any religious order or community who has taken the vows of poverty, chastity, and obedience, and who has been solemnly recognized by the church.
- (a.) Having all the parts of the same kind alike in size and shape; as, a regular flower; a regular sea urchin.
- (a.) Same as Isometric.
- (a.) Governed by rule or rules; steady or uniform in course, practice, or occurence; not subject to unexplained or irrational variation; returning at stated intervals; steadily pursued; orderlly; methodical; as, the regular succession of day and night; regular habits.
- (a.) Conformed to a rule; agreeable to an established rule, law, principle, or type, or to established customary forms; normal; symmetrical; as, a regular verse in poetry; a regular piece of music; a regular verb; regular practice of law or medicine; a regular building.
- (a.) Belonging to a monastic order or community; as, regular clergy, in distinction dfrom the secular clergy.
- (a.) Thorough; complete; unmitigated; as, a regular humbug.
- (a.) A soldier belonging to a permanent or standing army; -- chiefly used in the plural.
- (a.) Constituted, selected, or conducted in conformity with established usages, rules, or discipline; duly authorized; permanently organized; as, a regular meeting; a regular physican; a regular nomination; regular troops.
• Regularity Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The condition or quality of being regular; as, regularity of outline; the regularity of motion.
• Regularly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In a regular manner; in uniform order; methodically; in due order or time.