• Regulating Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Regulate
• Regulate Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To put in good order; as, to regulate the disordered state of a nation or its finances.
- (v. t.) To adjust, or maintain, with respect to a desired rate, degree, or condition; as, to regulate the temperature of a room, the pressure of steam, the speed of a machine, etc.
- (v. t.) To adjust by rule, method, or established mode; to direct by rule or restriction; to subject to governing principles or laws.