• Reins Definition & Synonyms
- (n. pl.) The inward impulses; the affections and passions; -- so called because formerly supposed to have their seat in the part of the body where the kidneys are.
- (n. pl.) The kidneys; also, the region of the kidneys; the loins.
• Rein Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The strap of a bridle, fastened to the curb or snaffle on each side, by which the rider or driver governs the horse.
- (v. t.) To restrain; to control; to check.
- (v. i.) To be guided by reins.
- (v. t.) To govern or direct with the reins; as, to rein a horse one way or another.
- (n.) Hence, an instrument or means of curbing, restraining, or governing; government; restraint.
• Reinsert Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To insert again.