• Relation Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The state of being related or of referring; what is apprehended as appertaining to a being or quality, by considering it in its bearing upon something else; relative quality or condition; the being such and such with regard or respect to some other thing; connection; as, the relation of experience to knowledge; the relation of master to servant.
- (n.) Reference; respect; regard.
- (n.) The act of relating or telling; also, that which is related; recital; account; narration; narrative; as, the relation of historical events.
- (n.) Connection by consanguinity or affinity; kinship; relationship; as, the relation of parents and children.
- (n.) The carrying back, and giving effect or operation to, an act or proceeding frrom some previous date or time, by a sort of fiction, as if it had happened or begun at that time. In such case the act is said to take effect by relation.
- (n.) The act of a relator at whose instance a suit is begun.
- (n.) A person connected by cosanguinity or affinity; a relative; a kinsman or kinswoman.
• Relationship Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The state of being related by kindred, affinity, or other alliance.