• Release Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A device adapted to hold or release a device or mechanism as required;
- (n.) In the block-signaling system, a printed card conveying information and instructions to be used at intermediate sidings without telegraphic stations.
- (n.) A catch on a motor-starting rheostat, which automatically releases the rheostat arm and so stops the motor in case of a break in the field circuit; also, the catch on an electromagnetic circuit breaker for a motor, which acts in case of an overload.
- (n.) The act or manner of ending a sound.
- (n.) To relieve from something that confines, burdens, or oppresses, as from pain, trouble, obligation, penalty.
- (n.) To let loose again; to set free from restraint, confinement, or servitude; to give liberty to, or to set at liberty; to let go.
- (n.) The act of opening the exhaust port to allow the steam to escape.
- (v. t.) To lease again; to grant a new lease of; to let back.
- (n.) The act of letting loose or freeing, or the state of being let loose or freed; liberation or discharge from restraint of any kind, as from confinement or bondage.
- (n.) A giving up or relinquishment of some right or claim; a conveyance of a mans right in lands or tenements to another who has some estate in possession; a quitclaim.
- (n.) To loosen; to relax; to remove the obligation of; as, to release an ordinance.
- (n.) Discharge from obligation or responsibility, as from debt, penalty, or claim of any kind; acquittance.
- (n.) To let go, as a legal claim; to discharge or relinquish a right to, as lands or tenements, by conveying to another who has some right or estate in possession, as when the person in remainder releases his right to the tenant in possession; to quit.
- (n.) Relief from care, pain, or any burden.
• Releasee Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One to whom a release is given.