• Religion Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Strictness of fidelity in conforming to any practice, as if it were an enjoined rule of conduct.
- (n.) A monastic or religious order subject to a regulated mode of life; the religious state; as, to enter religion.
- (n.) The outward act or form by which men indicate their recognition of the existence of a god or of gods having power over their destiny, to whom obedience, service, and honor are due; the feeling or expression of human love, fear, or awe of some superhuman and overruling power, whether by profession of belief, by observance of rites and ceremonies, or by the conduct of life; a system of faith and worship; a manifestation of piety; as, ethical religions; monotheistic religions; natural religion; revealed religion; the religion of the Jews; the religion of idol worshipers.
- (n.) Specifically, conformity in faith and life to the precepts inculcated in the Bible, respecting the conduct of life and duty toward God and man; the Christian faith and practice.
• Religionism Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The practice of, or devotion to, religion.
- (n.) Affectation or pretense of religion.