• Remainder Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Anything that remains, or is left, after the separation and removal of a part; residue; remnant.
- (n.) An estate in expectancy, generally in land, which becomes an estate in possession upon the determination of a particular prior estate, created at the same time, and by the same instrument; for example, if land be conveyed to A for life, and on his death to B, As life interest is a particuar estate, and Bs interest is a remainder, or estate in remainder.
- (n.) The quantity or sum that is left after subtraction, or after any deduction.
- (a.) Remaining; left; left over; refuse.
• Remainder-man Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who has an estate after a particular estate is determined. See Remainder, n., 3.