• Remission Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Act of sending in payment, as money; remittance.
- (n.) The act of remitting, surrendering, resigning, or giving up.
- (n.) A temporary and incomplete subsidence of the force or violence of a disease or of pain, as destinguished from intermission, in which the disease completely leaves the patient for a time; abatement.
- (n.) Discharge from that which is due; relinquishment of a claim, right, or obligation; pardon of transgression; release from forfeiture, penalty, debt, etc.
- (n.) The act of sending back.
- (n.) Diminution of intensity; abatement; relaxation.