• Removed Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Changed in place.
- (a.) Distant in location; remote.
- (a.) Dismissed from office.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Remove
- (a.) Distant by degrees in relationship; as, a cousin once removed.
• Remove Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The transfer of ones business, or of ones domestic belongings, from one location or dwelling house to another; -- in the United States usually called a move.
- (n.) That which is removed, as a dish removed from table to make room for something else.
- (v. t.) To cause to leave a person or thing; to cause to cease to be; to take away; hence, to banish; to destroy; to put an end to; to kill; as, to remove a disease.
- (v. t.) To move away from the position occupied; to cause to change place; to displace; as, to remove a building.
- (n.) The act of resetting a horses shoe.
- (n.) The act of removing; a removal.
- (v. t.) To dismiss or discharge from office; as, the President removed many postmasters.
- (n.) The distance or space through which anything is removed; interval; distance; stage; hence, a step or degree in any scale of gradation; specifically, a division in an English public school; as, the boy went up two removes last year.
- (n.) The state of being removed.
- (v. i.) To change place in any manner, or to make a change in place; to move or go from one residence, position, or place to another.