• Repented Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Repent
• Repent Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To feel pain, sorrow, or regret, for what one has done or omitted to do.
- (v. i.) To change the mind, or the course of conduct, on account of regret or dissatisfaction.
- (a.) Prostrate and rooting; -- said of stems.
- (v. t.) To cause to have sorrow or regret; -- used impersonally.
- (v. i.) To be sorry for sin as morally evil, and to seek forgiveness; to cease to love and practice sin.
- (v. t.) To feel regret or sorrow; -- used reflexively.
- (a.) Same as Reptant.
- (v. t.) To feel pain on account of; to remember with sorrow.