• Rescue Definition & Synonyms
- (v.) The act of rescuing; deliverance from restraint, violence, or danger; liberation.
- (v.) The retaking by a party captured of a prize made by the enemy.
- (v.) The forcible retaking, or taking away, against law, of things lawfully distrained.
- (v.) The forcible liberation of a person from an arrest or imprisonment.
- (v. t.) To free or deliver from any confinement, violence, danger, or evil; to liberate from actual restraint; to remove or withdraw from a state of exposure to evil; as, to rescue a prisoner from the enemy; to rescue seamen from destruction.
• Rescued Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Rescue