• Resented Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Resent
• Resent Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To express or exhibit displeasure or indignation at, as by words or acts.
- (v. t.) In a good sense, to take well; to receive with satisfaction.
- (v. t.) To recognize; to perceive, especially as if by smelling; -- associated in meaning with sent, the older spelling of scent to smell. See Resent, v. i.
- (v. t.) To be sensible of; to feel
- (v. i.) To feel resentment.
- (v. i.) To give forth an odor; to smell; to savor.
- (v. t.) In a bad sense, to take ill; to consider as an injury or affront; to be indignant at.