• Residence Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The place where one resides; an abode; a dwelling or habitation; esp., a settled or permanent home or domicile.
- (n.) The residing of an incumbent on his benefice; -- opposed to nonresidence.
- (n.) Subsidence, as of a sediment.
- (n.) The act or fact of residing, abiding, or dwelling in a place for some continuance of time; as, the residence of an American in France or Italy for a year.
- (n.) That which falls to the bottom of liquors; sediment; also, refuse; residuum.
- (n.) The place where anything rests permanently.