• Resolution Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The state of being resolved or firm in opinion or thought; conviction; assurance.
- (n.) The passing of a dissonant into a consonant chord by the rising or falling of the note which makes the discord.
- (n.) That which is resolved or determined; a settled purpose; determination. Specifically: A formal expression of the opinion or will of an official body or a public assembly, adopted by vote; as, a legislative resolution; the resolutions of a public meeting.
- (n.) A breaking up, disappearance; or termination, as of a fever, a tumor, or the like.
- (n.) The act, operation, or process of resolving. Specifically: (a) The act of separating a compound into its elements or component parts. (b) The act of analyzing a complex notion, or solving a vexed question or difficult problem.
- (n.) The act or process of solving; solution; as, the resolution of an equation or problem.
- (n.) The state of being resolved, settled, or determined; firmness; steadiness; constancy; determination.
- (n.) The state of being relaxed; relaxation.
• Resolutioner Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who makes a resolution; one who joins with others in a declaration or resolution; specifically, one of a party in the Scottish Church in the 17th century.