• Respect Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To consider worthy of esteem; to regard with honor.
- (v.) Esteem; regard; consideration; honor.
- (v.) The act of noticing with attention; the giving particular consideration to; hence, care; caution.
- (v.) Relation; reference; regard.
- (v. t.) To take notice of; to regard with special attention; to regard as worthy of special consideration; hence, to care for; to heed.
- (v. t.) To have regard to; to have reference to; to relate to; as, the treaty particularly respects our commerce.
- (v.) An expression of respect of deference; regards; as, to send ones respects to another.
- (v. t.) To look toward; to front upon or toward.
- (v.) Consideration; motive; interest.
- (v. t.) To regard; to consider; to deem.
- (v.) Particular; point regarded; point of view; as, in this respect; in any respect; in all respects.
- (v.) Reputation; repute.
• Respectuous Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Respectable.
- (a.) Respectful; as, a respectuous silence.
• Respectful Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Marked or characterized by respect; as, respectful deportment.