• Respect Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To consider worthy of esteem; to regard with honor.
- (v.) Esteem; regard; consideration; honor.
- (v.) The act of noticing with attention; the giving particular consideration to; hence, care; caution.
- (v.) Relation; reference; regard.
- (v. t.) To take notice of; to regard with special attention; to regard as worthy of special consideration; hence, to care for; to heed.
- (v. t.) To have regard to; to have reference to; to relate to; as, the treaty particularly respects our commerce.
- (v.) An expression of respect of deference; regards; as, to send ones respects to another.
- (v. t.) To look toward; to front upon or toward.
- (v.) Consideration; motive; interest.
- (v. t.) To regard; to consider; to deem.
- (v.) Particular; point regarded; point of view; as, in this respect; in any respect; in all respects.
- (v.) Reputation; repute.
• Respecter Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who respects.
• Respective Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Noticing with attention; hence, careful; wary; considerate.
- (a.) Fitted to awaken respect.
- (a.) Rendering respect; respectful; regardful.
- (a.) Relating to particular persons or things, each to each; particular; own; as, they returned to their respective places of abode.
- (a.) Looking towardl having reference to; relative, not absolute; as, the respective connections of society.