• Result Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) That which results; the conclusion or end to which any course or condition of things leads, or which is obtained by any process or operation; consequence or effect; as, the result of a course of action; the result of a mathematical operation.
- (v. i.) To leap back; to rebound.
- (v. i.) To come out, or have an issue; to terminate; to have consequences; -- followed by in; as, this measure will result in good or in evil.
- (n.) The decision or determination of a council or deliberative assembly; a resolve; a decree.
- (n.) A flying back; resilience.
- (v. i.) To proceed, spring, or rise, as a consequence, from facts, arguments, premises, combination of circumstances, consultation, thought, or endeavor.
• Resultance Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act of resulting; that which results; a result.