• Ret Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To prepare for use, as flax, by separating the fibers from the woody part by process of soaking, macerating, and other treatment.
- (v. t.) See Aret.
• Retaker Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who takes again what has been taken; a recaptor.
• Retardation Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act of retarding; hindrance; the act of delaying; as, the retardation of the motion of a ship; -- opposed to acceleration.
- (n.) The extent to which anything is retarded; the amount of retarding or delay.
- (n.) The keeping back of an approaching consonant chord by prolonging one or more tones of a previous chord into the intermediate chord which follows; -- differing from suspension by resolving upwards instead of downwards.
- (n.) That which retards; an obstacle; an obstruction.