• Retain Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To keep in pay; to employ by a preliminary fee paid; to hire; to engage; as, to retain a counselor.
- (v. t.) To continue to hold; to keep in possession; not to lose, part with, or dismiss; to retrain from departure, escape, or the like.
- (v. t.) To restrain; to prevent.
- (v. i.) To belong; to pertain.
- (v. i.) To keep; to continue; to remain.
• Retainable Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Capable of being retained.
• Retained Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Retain