• Retrograde Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Tending or moving backward; having a backward course; contrary; as, a retrograde motion; -- opposed to progressive.
- (v. i.) Hence, to decline from a better to a worse condition, as in morals or intelligence.
- (v. i.) To go in a retrograde direction; to move, or appear to move, backward, as a planet.
- (a.) Declining from a better to a worse state; as, a retrograde people; retrograde ideas, morals, etc.
- (a.) Apparently moving backward, and contrary to the succession of the signs, that is, from east to west, as a planet.
• Retrograded Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Retrograde