• Revers Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A part turned or folded back so as to show the inside, or a piece put on in imitation of such a part, as the lapel of a coat.
• Reversal Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A change or overthrowing; as, the reversal of a judgment, which amounts to an official declaration that it is false; the reversal of an attainder, or of an outlawry, by which the sentence is rendered void.
- (n.) The act of reversing; the causing to move or face in an opposite direction, or to stand or lie in an inverted position; as, the reversal of a rotating wheel; the reversal of objects by a convex lens.
- (a.) Intended to reverse; implying reversal.
• Reversion Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A return towards some ancestral type or character; atavism.
- (n.) The returning of an esttate to the grantor or his heirs, by operation of law, after the grant has terminated; hence, the residue of an estate left in the proprietor or owner thereof, to take effect in possession, by operation of law, after the termination of a limited or less estate carved out of it and conveyed by him.
- (n.) Hence, a right to future possession or enjoiment; succession.
- (n.) That which reverts or returns; residue.
- (n.) The act of returning, or coming back; return.
- (n.) A payment which is not to be received, or a benefit which does not begin, until the happening of some event, as the death of a living person.