• Reversed Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Reverse
- (a.) Annulled and the contrary substituted; as, a reversed judgment or decree.
- (a.) Turned side for side, or end for end; changed to the contrary; specifically (Bot. & Zool.), sinistrorse or sinistral; as, a reversed, or sinistral, spiral or shell.
• Revers Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A part turned or folded back so as to show the inside, or a piece put on in imitation of such a part, as the lapel of a coat.
• Reverse Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Hence, to overthrow; to subvert.
- (a.) That which appears or is presented when anything, as a lance, a line, a course of conduct, etc., is reverted or turned contrary to its natural direction.
- (a.) To turn back; to cause to face in a contrary direction; to cause to depart.
- (a.) The act of reversing; complete change; reversal; hence, total change in circumstances or character; especially, a change from better to worse; misfortune; a check or defeat; as, the enemy met with a reverse.
- (a.) That which is directly opposite or contrary to something else; a contrary; an opposite.
- (a.) The back side; as, the reverse of a drum or trench; the reverse of a medal or coin, that is, the side opposite to the obverse. See Obverse.
- (a.) To overthrow by a contrary decision; to make void; to under or annual for error; as, to reverse a judgment, sentence, or decree.
- (a.) To change totally; to alter to the opposite.
- (a.) Reversed; as, a reverse shell.
- (v. i.) To return; to revert.
- (a.) To turn upside down; to invert.
- (a.) To cause to return; to recall.
- (v. i.) To become or be reversed.
- (a.) A thrust in fencing made with a backward turn of the hand; a backhanded stroke.
- (a.) Turned upside down; greatly disturbed.
- (a.) A turn or fold made in bandaging, by which the direction of the bandage is changed.
- (a.) Turned backward; having a contrary or opposite direction; hence; opposite or contrary in kind; as, the reverse order or method.
• Reversedly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In a reversed way.