• Reverting Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Revert
• Revert Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To return to the proprietor after the termination of a particular estate granted by him.
- (v. t.) To change back. See Revert, v. i.
- (v. i.) To change back, as from a soluble to an insoluble state or the reverse; thus, phosphoric acid in certain fertilizers reverts.
- (v. i.) To return; to come back.
- (n.) One who, or that which, reverts.
- (v. t.) To throw back; to reflect; to reverberate.
- (v. i.) To return, wholly or in part, towards some preexistent form; to take on the traits or characters of an ancestral type.
- (v. t.) To turn back, or to the contrary; to reverse.