• Revived Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Revive
• Revive Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To return to life; to recover life or strength; to live anew; to become reanimated or reinvigorated.
- (v. i.) To recover its natural or metallic state, as a metal.
- (v. i.) To restore or reduce to its natural or metallic state; as, to revive a metal after calcination.
- (v. i.) Hence, to recover from a state of oblivion, obscurity, neglect, or depression; as, classical learning revived in the fifteenth century.
- (v. i.) To restore, or bring again to life; to reanimate.
- (v. i.) To raise from coma, languor, depression, or discouragement; to bring into action after a suspension.
- (v. i.) To renew in the mind or memory; to bring to recollection; to recall attention to; to reawaken.
- (v. i.) Hence, to recover from a state of neglect or disuse; as, to revive letters or learning.