• Revolt Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Hence, to be faithless; to desert one party or leader for another; especially, to renounce allegiance or subjection; to rise against a government; to rebel.
- (n.) To be disgusted, shocked, or grossly offended; hence, to feel nausea; -- with at; as, the stomach revolts at such food; his nature revolts at cruelty.
- (n.) A revolter.
- (v. t.) To do violence to; to cause to turn away or shrink with abhorrence; to shock; as, to revolt the feelings.
- (n.) To turn away; to abandon or reject something; specifically, to turn away, or shrink, with abhorrence.
- (n.) The act of revolting; an uprising against legitimate authority; especially, a renunciation of allegiance and subjection to a government; rebellion; as, the revolt of a province of the Roman empire.
- (v. t.) To cause to turn back; to roll or drive back; to put to flight.
• Revolting Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Revolt
- (a.) Causing abhorrence mixed with disgust; exciting extreme repugnance; loathsome; as, revolting cruelty.