• Ride Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To be borne in a carriage; as, to ride in a coach, in a car, and the like. See Synonym, below.
- (v. i.) To support a rider, as a horse; to move under the saddle; as, a horse rides easy or hard, slow or fast.
- (v. i.) To be carried on the back of an animal, as a horse.
- (v. t.) To overlap (each other); -- said of bones or fractured fragments.
- (v. i.) To manage a horse, as an equestrian.
- (n.) A road or avenue cut in a wood, or through grounds, to be used as a place for riding; a riding.
- (v. t.) To manage insolently at will; to domineer over.
- (n.) A saddle horse.
- (v. t.) To sit on, so as to be carried; as, to ride a horse; to ride a bicycle.
- (n.) The act of riding; an excursion on horseback or in a vehicle.
- (v. t.) To convey, as by riding; to make or do by riding.
- (v. i.) To be supported in motion; to rest.
- (v. i.) To be borne or in a fluid; to float; to lie.
• Rident Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Laughing.
• Riderless Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Having no rider; as, a riderless horse.