• Rider Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A small forked weight which straddles the beam of a balance, along which it can be moved in the manner of the weight on a steelyard.
- (n.) Formerly, an agent who went out with samples of goods to obtain orders; a commercial traveler.
- (n.) The second tier of casks in a vessels hold.
- (n.) A problem of more than usual difficulty added to another on an examination paper.
- (n.) Rock material in a vein of ore, dividing it.
- (n.) One who breaks or manages a horse.
- (n.) A robber.
- (n.) One who, or that which, rides.
- (n.) An interior rib occasionally fixed in a ships hold, reaching from the keelson to the beams of the lower deck, to strengthen her frame.
- (n.) A Dutch gold coin having the figure of a man on horseback stamped upon it.
- (n.) An addition or amendment to a manuscript or other document, which is attached on a separate piece of paper; in legislative practice, an additional clause annexed to a bill while in course of passage; something extra or burdensome that is imposed.
• Riderless Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Having no rider; as, a riderless horse.