• Rightful Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Righteous; upright; just; good; -- said of persons.
- (a.) Belonging, held, or possessed by right, or by just claim; as, a rightful inheritance; rightful authority.
- (a.) Consonant to justice; just; as, a rightful cause.
- (a.) Having the right or just claim according to established laws; being or holding by right; as, the rightful heir to a throne or an estate; a rightful king.
• Rightfulness Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The quality or state of being rightful; accordance with right and justice.
- (n.) Moral rectitude; righteousness.